Make Art. Be With Nature. Nourish Your Spirit.
Our Costa Rica creative retreats are an opportunity to reconnect with your creative spirit. You’ll spend time in a tranquil, natural environment by the ocean and experiment with a variety of new creative outlets. It’s not always easy to stay motivated and inspired, especially when you are living in a city and/or working in an office. If you have a creative profession, sometimes all your artistic energy goes to that and your personal ideas or projects get pushed aside. We all need to take time to recharge and rejuvenate if we want to stay inspired. This retreat is designed for people who want to clear their minds in a gorgeous natural surrounding, take a break from digital work, and participate in activities and experiences that will re-inspire you. Find your inner child by getting messy with paints, or lose track of time building an elaborate sand sculpture. Take a new class like glass-blowing, figure drawing, mandala making, or airbrushing. Detach from emails and “likes”, and connect with the present moment as you watch the sun set over the Pacific.
Who is this retreat for?
Artists and creative professionals such as graphic designers, art directors, illustrators, interior designers, fine artists, crafters, writers, photographers and bloggers are common guests. Even those who don’t work in a creative field but have creative hobbies or interests will enjoy this trip.
Our retreats are completely customizable based on your interests, group size and preferences. Always included:
- Airport transportation from/to Liberia Airport
- Customized dates in a luxury beachfront home or boutique hotel
- 3 fresh, local meals per day. Daily breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinners prepared onsite or included in outings
- Morning yoga classes
- Creative supplies for drawing, painting, writing, crafting, and making!
- Creative workshops of your choice, including figure drawing, oceanscape painting, local pottery, jewelry making, glassblowing and more)
- Visit to the world’s largest labyrinth. Walk the cactus-bordered labyrinth in quiet meditation, then paint your own mandala in the center. Followed by an amazing locally-sourced dinner under the stars.
- Sunset beach meditation on the last night
- Gift Bag full of treasures to remember your retreat, all from local creators.
- More details below…
(NOT included: airfare, meals at restaurants, or optional activities listed below.)
- 60 min or 90 min massage
- Private yoga lesson
- Surf lessons (one on one)
- SUP tour (min 3 people)
- Horseback riding on the beach (min 3 people)
- Fishing charter (2-3 people)
- Volunteer at turtle rescue
- Volunteer at dog rescue
- Alcohol or special grocery orders: Let us know if you’d like us to purchase your favorite beach cocktail ingredients or certain snacks and they will be waiting for you when you arrive.
- Accommodation or transportation arrangements before or after the retreat if you are extending your stay or coming from somewhere other than Liberia International Airport
- Photography Session/s: Capture your surf lesson, book a photo shoot on the beach, or create some Instagram worthy content of your creative process. Many people like to detach from technology during the retreat, but still want to make sure they have some photos to remember their trip.
Where do we stay?
If you have a group of 5 or more, our retreats take place in a luxury beachfront house overlooking the Pacific ocean, in the peaceful coastal town of Junquillal in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. The house is situated just steps from the ocean on a very quiet palm tree lined beach, equipped with 5 private rooms, each with their own bathroom. Choose from single and double occupancy options. The house has plenty of places to relax and get creative, with an infinity pool, large green area overlooking the coast, porch, and indoor common area. Walk the beach in either direction to explore Playa Blanca to the north and Playa Junquillal to the south.
If you’d like to experience a creative retreat solo, or in a small group you will be staying at a lovely boutique hotel with salt water swimming pool, and onsite French restaurant. Just minutes to Playa Negra beach and the quaint downtown strip complete with art galleries, shops, restaurants and a yoga studio.
Why should I attend?
Our creative retreats are more than just a vacation – it’s an investment in yourself and your career. A time to learn new skills, experience another culture, meet other creatives, and dedicate time to yourself and your passions. And when you return to work and your daily routine, you will be refreshed and filled with new creative energy. All the details are taken care of so you can truly relax, let creativity flow without distractions or stress, and experience the magic of Costa Rica. Explore more below!
Eat farm to table meals
Think ingredients like tropical fruit, locally-sourced coffee, home-made bread, farm-fresh eggs, local veggies, freshly caught fish, and organic chicken. Enjoy meals in the open-air dining area, prepared and served fresh, on-site.
Experiment, brainstorm, learn
Between the gorgeous natural surroundings, three creative workshops and a house stocked with supplies to paint, draw, write, craft, and make– you’ll be trying so many new things and be inspired in countless new ways.
Connect with other creatives
You’ll be in the company of other creative professionals from all types of industries, giving you the opportunity to collaborate, network and inspire one another.
Experience the largest labyrinth in the world
Meditate as you walk through the cactus-walled paths, paint your own mandala in the center, and enjoy a farm fresh meal under the stars afterward.
Practice yoga and meditation
Stretch, ground and center yourself each morning with a gentle yoga class, to help creative energy flow. Classes will be for all levels and geared toward clearing the mind and opening up to creative energy.
When can I book my retreat?
Anytime! Our retreats are completely customizable depending on your group size. Please inquire using our form below, or shoot us an email and let us know how many people are in your group and your desired dates, and we will provide details and pricing.